Saturday, February 13, 2010

How To Get Good At Fingerboard Question On My Violin, Regarding Who Made It?

Question on my violin, regarding who made it? - how to get good at fingerboard

I'm playing beginner violin (bought it for 5 years) and have recently, a violin, as I was "overrun" the tone of my first insrtument. I bought a violin workshop of repute, the election because his tone was much better than other violins I looked at the same price range ($ 1000 - $ 2000). The shop owner had bought a few days before, and little information about their history. He said he could not find a label inside the unit. If you do not have a label does not bother me, because I was in good condition and had an excellent sound, so I went and bought it. By further examination as I him home, I found a small clear label on the inside of the unit (below the fork, about 3 cm above theSoundpost), barely legible old. Im not quite sure, but I think it says something like "S. Dodge, Jr. 1914" and laid down written words "IT MERRILL luthier. Getting to my question (forgive the novel I just write!) Is Who this man has done it, and how it affects their value and whether any of these names on the label, even correct, or am I wrong?

For more information:
The violin is a very strange color glossy black paint with shades of amber, which are visible in seemingly random areas.
"The seller said it was a German brand, but the word" luthier "inside, I wonder, of course, English.
"The neck of the instrument is slightly longer and thinner than usual, but this is hardlyis remarkable and a violin size.
Dexia violinist I have spoken to have no idea that the producer, origin, etc.

Thank you for reading, please help if you know any information about this instrument. I am very curious to know more about it!

1 comments:

dzodiark said...

I do not think it would affect the value. Perhaps the value would increase if proven to a famous manufacturer, but do not count on it. The label on the inside of my violin is almost impossible to read, you can kind of see "gag --- Niccolo No. 17 -" that's all. The label is not really worth any way. I have people tell me they know Nicholas from the artisan-style ships, and have many counterfeits or imitations of his works that labels have seen like this. Be glad that you have a good violin

Post a Comment